Big Star Clothing, Inc. (“Big Star”) and its operating affiliated entities firmly believe that the internet should be available and accessible to everyone and is committed to providing a website that is usable to the widest possible audience, regardless of circumstance and ability.
To fulfill this belief, Big Star partnered with accessiBe Ltd. (“accessiBe”) to align our website www.bigstardenim.com (“Website”) with the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (“WCAG”) and in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (“ADA”). AccessiBe is an interface that allows Website visitors to adjust the user interface and design settings of the Website to their personal needs.
Screen-reader and keyboard navigation
- Screen-reader optimization
- Keyboard navigation optimization
Disability profiles supported on our Website
- Epilepsy Safe Profile: this profile enables people with epilepsy to use the Website safely by eliminating the risk of seizures that result from flashing or blinking animations and risky color combinations.
- Visually Impaired Profile: this profile adjusts the Website so that it is accessible to the majority of visual impairments such as Degrading Eyesight, Tunnel Vision, Cataract, Glaucoma, and others.
- Cognitive Disability Profile: this profile provides various assistive features to help users with cognitive disabilities such as Autism, Dyslexia, CVA, and others, to focus on the essential elements more easily.
- ADHD Friendly Profile: this profile significantly reduces distractions and noise, to help people with ADHD and Neurodevelopmental disorders browse, read, and focus on the essential elements more easily.
- Blind Users Profile (Screen-readers): this profile adjusts the Website to be compatible with screen-readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack. A screen-reader is installed on the blind user’s computer, and this site is compatible with it.
- Keyboard Navigation Profile (Motor-Impaired): this profile enables motor-impaired persons to operate the Website using the keyboard Tab, Shift+Tab, and the Enter keys. Users can also use shortcuts such as “M” (menus), “H” (headings), “F” (forms), “B” (buttons), and “G” (graphics) to jump to specific elements.
Additional UI, design, and readability adjustments
- Font adjustments – Visitors may increase and decrease font size, font type, spacing, alignment, line height, and more.
- Color adjustments – Visitors may select various color contrast profiles such as light, dark, inverted, and monochrome. Additionally, visitors may swap color schemes of titles, texts, and backgrounds, with over 7 different coloring options.
- Animations – Visitors with epileptic episodes may stop all running animations with the click of a button. Animations controlled by the interface include videos, GIFs, and CSS flashing transitions.
- Content highlighting – Visitors may choose to emphasize important elements such as links and titles. They may also choose to highlight focused or hovered elements only.
- Audio muting – Visitors using hearing devices may mute the entire Website instantly to avoid headaches or other issues due to automatic audio playing.
- Cognitive disorders – Visitors may use the search engine that is linked to Wikipedia and Wiktionary, allowing people with cognitive disorders to decipher meanings of phrases, initials, slang, and others.
- Additional functions – Visitors may change cursor color and size, use a printing mode, enable a virtual keyboard, and many other functions.
Browser and assistive technology compatibility
We aim to support the widest array of browsers and assistive technologies, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge, JAWS and NVDA (screen readers), both for Windows and for MAC users.
Please be aware that our efforts to maintain accessibility and usability are ongoing. While Big Star & accessiBe strive to make the Website as accessible as possible, some issues may be encountered by different assistive technology as the range of assistive technology is wide and varied. We appreciate your understanding.
If at any time you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular web page on the Website, then please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-564-7036 Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST. If you do encounter an accessibility issue, then please be sure to specify the web page and nature of the issue, and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page or the information contained therein accessible for you. Thanks for visiting.